T20 World Cup: Afghanistan heroics can encourage subsequent era, says Jonathan Trott | Cricket Information – Instances of India

NEW DELHI: Afghanistan‘s coach Jonathan Trott hopes that his group’s unbelievable run within the T20 World Cup-which got here to an abrupt finish on Wednesday within the semi-final-has inspired younger individuals within the war-torn nation to choose up a bat and a ball.
South Africa superior to the ultimate, the place they may play both India or the defending champion England, after crushing Afghanistan by 9 wickets.
Afghanistan elected to bat on the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad, and so they had been bowled out for 56 runs in 11.5 overs.
Trott was “very proud” of his group regardless of acknowledging that his gamers had discovered it troublesome to deal with the pressure of their first World Cup semi-final.
“Lots to course of actually emotionally, bodily, so all new territory for the blokes and all of it performs its half,” mentioned Trott, a former England batsman who was born in South Africa, admitting his facet had been “outplayed”.
“I am certain the blokes hopefully be taught from this expertise,” he mentioned, in line with AFP.
“(Be taught) what it takes to play worldwide cricket and play in opposition to a bowling facet like South Africa on a pitch that is maybe not conducive to high-scoring.
“We have discovered methods of successful video games, we simply could not discover a approach at present,” he mentioned, including that regardless of surpassing all expectations by reaching the final 4, his facet had been left crestfallen.
“Clearly it hurts in the intervening time,” mentioned Trott.
“We arrived to the bottom in excessive spirits able to tackle a robust South African facet and ensure we gave a superb account of ourselves.
“I really feel like we have not executed that at present in order that’s probably the most disappointing factor.
“I am very pleased with the blokes. This one efficiency does not essentially outline the event.”
Trott referred to Afghanistan’s World Cup journey as “an excellent experience,” noting that the group had overcome Australia, New Zealand, and Bangladesh in thrilling victories to advance to the semi-finals.
The group introduced in uncommon moments of nationwide jubilation in a nation devastated by 4 many years of battle and fighting political, humanitarian, and financial points.
“I hope that we have impressed younger children to choose up a bat and a ball and play cricket, and wish to play for his or her nation and hopefully that everyone’s pleased with the facet,” mentioned Trott.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *