T20 World Cup: Hardik Pandya and Shivam Dube will play totally different roles, says Irfan Pathan | Cricket Information – Occasions of India

NEW DELHI: Irfan Pathan, a former all-rounder for India, acknowledged that Hardik Pandya and Shivam Dube can have distinct tasks within the 2024 T20 World Cup for India.
The 2007 World Cup winner believes that each Pandya and Dube can have the prospect to showcase their ending expertise, with Pandya being the first-choice choose and Dube coming in on the event’s knockout stage.That is regardless of the continuing dialogue over which participant needs to be included in India’s beginning XI.
Pandya led the Mumbai Indians by a troublesome season, however he had a depressing IPL marketing campaign, scoring simply 216 runs. Conversely, Dube scored 396 runs at a 162.29 strike price with the Chennai Tremendous Kings, together with three half-centuries.
“The advantage of the Indian workforce now’s that they’ll get an opportunity to be in kind earlier than the Tremendous 8, as we are going to play groups who usually are not on the prime degree aside from Pakistan. This can give us the chance to carry out and begin feeling good. As soon as on the massive stage, for those who begin feeling good, it is a totally different ball recreation altogether. I hope this occurs,” Pathan mentioned on the Star Sports activities Press Room.
“Speaking about the most effective ending choices for the Indian squad, I believe Hardik Pandya and Shivam Dube will play totally different roles. Hardik can have a set function to complete the sport, and Shivam Dube will play as a floater, no less than within the playoffs, appearing as an enforcer in opposition to the spinners. He’ll play that type of function,” he added.
In response to Pandya’s decline in batting efficiency, the previous cricket participant recommended that he resume utilizing a broader batting stance.
“Everyone knows that Hardik’s hitting potential has gone down, and that has occurred as a result of he most likely desires to bat up the order. He used to have a much bigger batting stance, a wider stance, which provides you a very good base. However within the final 1.5 years, his stance has narrowed barely. When you may have that type of stance, you may have far more free motion, which you need when the ball is doing one thing, so far as method is anxious. So, I actually suppose if he desires to play that type of function, he wants to return to his unique stance, with a wider stance, which can give him an excellent base for hitting,” Pathan mentioned.
Pandya picked 11 wickets, largely within the again finish of the IPL, and might be eyeing to proceed his bowling kind within the T20 pinnacle. The 39-year-old added that his bowling kind within the later stage of the IPL will enhance his confidence within the batting.
“One other factor, if he’s bowling, he ought to get going the best way he did within the final a part of the IPL. It’ll assist his batting as nicely as a result of he primarily performs within the Indian workforce as a batting all-rounder reasonably than a bowling all-rounder. Nevertheless, it really works each methods; for those who do nicely in a single space, it boosts your confidence within the different. I’ve skilled this as an all-rounder. So, I am assured that by the point the World Cup comes, he’ll type out any points along with his hitting potential and play a serious function within the event,” the previous all-rounder mentioned.
(With IANS inputs)